Life in Echo Park

North of Downtown L.A. is where you'll find Echo Park. A place where i was born and raised... A place where i can always find solitude with its distant echos. Not your typical neighborhood in Los Angeles. This is life here...

Saturday, May 28, 2005

My newest family member



After all these feral cats that are basically wild except when it comes to feeding time! I now have one that is very friendly and gives lots of love. He loves to fall asleep on my lap. His lil motor just purrs at the slightest human touch. I told him he was a keeper...even more so now that his mommy is dead and his lil baby brother too.

The other week a couple of neighbor's dogs somehow got into the yard, found them and killed them both. It was a big mystery who or what did this, then early one morning i heard some strange sounds in the back yard and when i looked out i saw them chasing the other cats and my little one too. Poor kitty was tramatized so i keep him with me at night now. Any noise at the gate in front now gets his quickest attention! He looks around the yard now when he goes out too. But he will be fine soon enough. I made sure the dogs can't come into the yard now so he's safe.

These dogs never made a sound other than running around and knocking things over.
How they got through both my gates is amazing but then my neighbor told me one day that he saw how they got out of either of their gates too. They do it by team work! One will keep pushing on the gate til it opens enough for the other to grab it with his paw! Thats amazing! Yet they both can just jump over the wall if they wanted but won't.
Go figure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Site Meter